Branch Templates and Sitecore

Branch Templates is a new concept i Sitecore CMS version 6.0. Branch Templates is the ability to create a branch of items based on selected templates, and it replaces the use of initialising subitems at a master (in Sitecore CMS version 5.X).

How to create a branch template will be described soon... until then, it will be illustrated by the figures below...

(red. I started this post in 2008, and I have not updated it since - is there a need for doing that? :-))

Creating the Branch Template called "Site Root" under /sitecore/templates/brances/:

Assigning Branch templates to a templates standard values:
Creating the new item (called "My site") based on the branch template:
The items are created and ready for edit:I started this post in 2008, and I have not updated it since - is there a need for doing that? :-)

No comments: